Thursday, September 9, 2010

Just another day in paradise!

Well, today went pretty well all in all.  The two lunch shifts ran together again today.  The kindergarten classes were in line before the first shift was through the line so we had to make them wait.  Something has to happen with the lunch times because we can't get the first shift through on time since they added 3 classes to it.  After the first shift goes through we have to get the serving line ready for the second shift and remove the fruit/veggie bar because the second shift does not use it plus the tables need to be cleaned for the second shift.  I hope that the manager gets something figured out or this is going to a horrible year! 

In reference to my 9-8-10 post about the incident yesterday about everyone helping with the tables....we all went out to do tables today after serving and B says to me, Kelli go ahead and go do the count and have Sue start the dishes because otherwise I won't get out of here until 3 oclock.  So yesterday it wasn't ok but today it was ok.  This is where the no consistency comes in with this kitchen.  The same applies to if we offer condiments to the kids and which ones they and how many they can have.  It all depends on the mood of the manager.  This place is CRAZY!!

The 2nd sub told me today that I need to watch out for the 1st sub because yesterday she overheard B and the 1st sub talking about me.  I told her that I don't care what they say about me.  I go in and do my share of the job every day and if they want to talk about me, go ahead.  I just hate that I work with a bunch of back stabbing bitches.  This job could be and should be fun but they make it so it is SO stressful and miserable.  I am going to talk to my doctor next week about all of this because I am sure that all of this stress is not good for me or my condition.  I wish I wouldn't let these people get to me but they do!  I am physically and mentally exhausted at the end of EVERY work day and the mental part is bringing me down.  It is starting to affect my home life and I find myself being mean and rude to the people that really do care about me and that is not acceptable to me.  So, something has to change.  I either need to get out of there as soon as possible or I need a pill to cope with all of this bull shit that goes on at work.  We are a team and should act like one but no, everyone back stabs each other and talks about everyone, it is just down right horrible.  I think that A and B both are just extremely miserable in their lives and try to make everyone else the same way.  Well, it is beginning to work on me and I don't like it one bit. 

I go in every day with a positive attitude and some how by the end of the work day, I am down in the dumps again.  I spend a lot of my afternoons at home crying over this place that has managed to consume my life and thoughts even though I am only there 5 1/2 hours a day.  How and why did this happen?  The only person that understands completely is my mother, she worked at this school since it opened and with these same women for 6 or 7 years and it had the same affect on her, so bad that she retired at age 55.  She loved the job but the morale was and is still horrible.  Well, nothing has changed and unfortunately I don't think it ever will.  She tells me that I need to get out of there because those two women are hard asses and bitches.  Hopefully I will get out soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment